WebkinzLuvers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save the farm and the family!

4 posters

Go down

Save the farm and the family! Empty Save the farm and the family!

Post  Bubblez Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Chapter 1

One early morning a car drove past my house. It was rare to see a car because, I lived far out in the country.
I was swinging on the tire swing hanging off the willow tree when I heard a yell for help coming from the barn. It sounded like my little sister.
My little sister's name was Erin. She was 6 years old. I, was 11. My name was Erica.
Living on a farm was weird. We had only been living in the country for a month or two. It was strange because no one was around to play with so, I made up games to entertain myself.
I ran to the barn only to find the old latch on the barn door was blown shut by the wind. Erin must've slammed the door and went to play with the chickens. I opened the door and Erin came running out. She was crying. Of course. What a baby.
It was almost dinner time so, I took Erin inside to wash up for dinner. We lived with my grandpa, my parents and my older brother Ryan. He was 15. Ryan was always inside and never came out to play. He was to addicted with his video games.
As I was washing up, I over heard my parents talking.

" Al," My mom said.
" I know Mary. I know. I have no idea how to raise money for Erin to go to school this year. We are already in debt and about to loose the house. I am sure we can figure something out." My dad replied.
" I was looking at apartments. I think I found one almost big enough for us." My mom said.

I dropped the bar of soap in the sink and ran to my room.

I can't believe this! We just got settled into the house and we might be moving again! Poor Erin might not be able to go to school! Maybe none of us can!

I absolutely loved school! I had lots of friends, Decent grades and it got me away from the family! I couldn't imagine myself without school!
I had to help my family. But how.

I looked out my window only to see the same car that came by earlier, coming down our driveway.[/b][/color]

I cleared my mind, took a deep breath and opened the door. There was a man. He was dressed rather nicely. He shook my hand and introduced his self.
" Name's James. James Hogan" He stated
" I'm Erica." I replied

My dad came to the door and led "James" Out to the back. I tip-toed into the kitchen and overheard their conversation through the window.

" So, James. Can you please lower the rent. We just can't afford it right now."
" I am sorry Al. I can't. I really need the money. "
" I guess we will have to find home elsewhere."

My dad stood up, Shook his hand it led him out to the front. He drove off and we all sat down at the dinner table.

" Dad. . " I said.
" Yes dear? What's wrong?"
"Well," I explained.

While eating I explained everything and told him I was scared. He didn't know what to say so, He got up and left the kitchen. My mom soon followed and Ryan left to go play video games.

" Will we have to leave the house?" Erin asked.
I nodded." I think we will. Unless we can do something."

I brushed through my knotted hair and got into my pjs. I lay in bed and thought of ways to save the farm...

I thought a good night's sleep would clear my head of everything but, I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamt that my dad lost his job, The house caught on fire, We couldn't afford to sleep or eat and, We lived on the streets! I was terrified and knew something had to be done.
It was seven am when I woke up and since I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, I picked up a book on my bedroom floor. It was adventures of twins. They found treasure in a barn and became rich! Suddenly, I knew what I was going to do today. But, I didn't have a twin so, I used Erin. It was hard to explain to her so, I just said we are going to look for treasure.
I got dressed and ate a good breakfast. I helped Erin get her shoes on and, we scurried out to the barn.
I thought looking in the hay mow would be a good start. Since I was big enough to climb up, I left Erin to explore the bottom floor. I had never gone in the hay mow so, I was hoping I would find something good!
I dug around in the hay looking for various objects. I found an empty water bottle, a boot, Horse shoes and, Suddenly, I tripped over something large. I made a thud when I hit the hay. I guess there wasn't much of it left. I got up and turned around to tend to the object burried in hay. It was to heavy to lift when I found it. It was brown. What was it? I flipped it over and found out what it was. It was a horse saddle!
We had many horses at our farm and I began to think I could ride one. Maybe, I could make money off of it. . . Nah. That wouldn't work. I left the saddle there and climbed down to see what Erin was up to. She was with our rooster and single chicken. She was "Petting" them. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

" What are you doing? Did you find anything?"I asked.
She tugged away. " I don't wanna look for treasure no more!" She sighed.
I explained to her that if she wanted to go to school she needed to find something but, that made her cry and run away.
I sat on the ground in the chicken coop and stared at the Rooster and chicken. Then it hit me. What if we sold farm fresh eggs. It was a start but, I knew it could work! I also had another idea. Maybe we could make more chickens. We did have a rooster.
I left the barn and ran to the house. I wanted Ryan's advice.
" Ryan.." I asked.
" What do you want?" He set down the video game.
" I want to sell chicken eggs. You know, to help mom and dad make money."
" hmm. I guess I could help you." He answered.
It was almost eleven in the morning. I looked up at the sky as I heaved a bucket of chicken feed to the coop. Ryan said I needed to take good care of them so, I was ready. I had a plan all set out to. I was going to make the chicken species grow and then sell their eggs. I hoped it would work.
I cleaned my hands up and went to the kitchen for lunch. I told my parents and grandpa what i was going to do. They were very proud and helped me out. They even bought two more chickens for us!

Last edited by Bubblez on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Bubblez
Bubblez

Back to top Go down

Save the farm and the family! Empty Re: Save the farm and the family!

Post  Bubblez Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:42 pm

anyone like?
Bubblez
Bubblez

Back to top Go down

Post  *Moo Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm

its good. i like it
*Moo
*Moo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

*Moo wrote:its good. i like it

shanxs. lol.
Bubblez
Bubblez

Back to top Go down

Save the farm and the family! Empty i like it!

Post  iheartwebkinz9 Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm

i like it keep writting more please !
iheartwebkinz9
iheartwebkinz9

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:06 pm

iheartwebkinz9 wrote:i like it keep writting more please !

thanks. I update daily.
Bubblez
Bubblez

Back to top Go down

Save the farm and the family! Empty NEW CHAPTERS...

Post  Bubblez Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Anyone like the new chapters?
Bubblez
Bubblez

Back to top Go down

Post  *Moo Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 pm

*squints* Can you please not use blue? i know its reserved for us, but its hard to read, and your not confronting anybody lol!
*Moo
*Moo

Back to top Go down

Post  Webkinzbeanie Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Yes. Blue is only used when correcting someone.

But great story!
Webkinzbeanie
Webkinzbeanie
Admin

https://webkinzluvers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum